Take me back to Jackson Hole. Is that a Garth Brooks song? I feel like it should be, and I would play it on repeat, along with our preview video on our YouTube channel.
For all of my outdoorsy folks, who enjoy a lovely vista and smaller crowds, this is 100% the National Park for you!
As with Yellowstone, I thought I would continue on with our itinerary, just to give you a small taste of what we did and saw while at Grand Teton National Park!
Day 4 (continued):
- Arrive in the Tetons and be promptly gobsmacked by it’s beauty
- Check into the lodge-y style hotel
- Grab tacos and margs at Fiesta, just down the alley from the hotel
- Wake up early and go to Jenny Lake!
- Canoe around Jenny Lake for a few hours and marvel at the mountains
- Head back to Jackson and get lunch at The Bunnery
- Take it easy in the afternoon
- For dinner, head to Snake River Brewing
- Get up and head over to the Leigh Lake Trailhead
- Hike around the lakes there for a bit
- Laugh at all the kiddos attempting to kayak or stand-up paddle board while you have a snack and rehydrate.
- Finish the loop of the park and head over to Mormon Row.
- For dinner, Noodle. We loved the Firecracker Shrimp!
- Another early wake-up call, this time to head back through Yellowstone and up to Bozeman
- Arrive in time to see Old Faithful erupt…and then erupt again 1.5 hours-ish later
- Have lunch INSIDE the Old Faithful Inn!
- Finish the Grand Loop in Yellowstone and marvel at all of the wildlife that finally decided to make their presence known
- Hit up the West Thumb, Mud Volcanoes, Hayden Valley
- Make it back to Bozeman just in time for dinner at Squire House
- Fly back to Portland and begin to instantly miss the mountains, but not the elevation.
It was an incredible trip and we can’t wait to share some more of the details with you over the next few weeks!
Happy Hiking, friends!